Correct use of electric hammer
1. Personal protection when using electric hammer
1. The operator should wear protective glasses to protect the eyes. When working with the face up, wear a protective mask.
2. Earplugs should be plugged during long-term operation to reduce the impact of noise.
3. The drill bit is in a hot state after long-term operation, so please pay attention to burn your skin when replacing it.
4. When working, use the side handle and operate with both hands to sprain the arm with the reaction force when the rotor is locked.
5. Standing on a ladder or working at a height should take measures for falling from a height, and the ladder should be supported by ground personnel.
2. Matters needing attention before operation
1. Confirm whether the power supply connected to the site matches the nameplate of the electric hammer. Whether there is a leakage protector connected.
2. The drill bit and the holder should be matched and installed properly.
3. When drilling walls, ceilings, and floors, check whether there are buried cables or pipes.
4. When working at high places, pay full attention to the safety of objects and pedestrians below, and set up warning signs when necessary.
5. Confirm whether the switch on the electric hammer is turned off. If the power switch is turned on, the power tool will rotate unexpectedly when the plug is inserted into the power socket, which may cause personal injury.
6. If the work site is far away from the power source, when the cable needs to be extended, use a qualified extension cable with sufficient capacity. If the extension cable passes through the pedestrian walkway, it should be elevated or take measures to prevent the cable from being crushed and damaged.
Three, the correct operation method of electric hammer
1. "Drilling with percussion" operation ①Pull the working mode knob to the position of the percussion hole. ②Put the drill bit to the position to be drilled, and then pull out the switch trigger. The hammer drill only needs to be pressed slightly, so that the chips can be discharged freely, without pressing hard.
2. "Chiseling, breaking" operation ①Pull the working mode knob to the "single hammer" position. ②Using the self-weight of the drilling rig to perform operations, no need to push hard
3. "Drilling" operation ①Pull the working mode knob to the "drilling" (no hammering) position. ②Place the drill on the position to be drilled, and then pull the switch trigger. Just push it.
4. Check the drill bit. The use of a dull or curved drill bit will cause the motor overload surface to work abnormally and reduce the work efficiency. Therefore, if such a situation is found, it should be replaced immediately.
5. Inspection of the fastening screws of the electric hammer body. Due to the impact generated by the electric hammer operation, it is easy to loosen the installation screws of the electric hammer body. Check the fastening conditions frequently. If the screws are found to be loose, they should be tightened immediately. The electric hammer is malfunctioning.
6. Check the carbon brushes The carbon brushes on the motor are consumables. Once their wear exceeds the limit, the motor will malfunction. Therefore, the worn out carbon brushes should be replaced immediately, and the carbon brushes must always be kept clean.
7. Inspection of protective grounding wire Protective grounding wire is an important measure to protect personal safety. Therefore, Class I appliances (metal casing) should be checked frequently and their casings should be well grounded.
8. Check the dust cover. The dust cover is designed to prevent dust from entering the internal mechanism. If the inside of the dust cover is worn out, it should be replaced immediately.